Sunday, May 21, 2006

I run. I'm a runner. No shit.

So, I am training for a 5K. OK, stop laughing. I'm serious. It's in August, and no...I'm not gonna walk it.

Why, you ask? Because I can, that's why. Because I can run because my feet don't hurt. And I can breath and my knees aren't shot and my back can take it. And because I couldn't say any of these things a year ago.

In order to hold myself accountable, my friend, trainer and running partner told me that I am supposed to shout to the world that I am training for a 5K.

Brand new things are afoot, my friends. A new lifestyle, a new season, a new physical me.....

Oh, and I just might be falling in love....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*trumpets sound and the clouds part* Truly you are an inspiration! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to watching tireless episodes of Desperate Housewives and chainsmoking. LOL. Good to see you blogging again lovergirl.... *wink*

Randy G. said...

As I read this post I heard this deafening thunder.....as I looked to its source,I realized it was the applause of the angelic host giving one of their own a well deserved standing ovation. Lizzie, I echo our friend Michelle: you are indeed an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! Wish we lived closer so we could run together!

(Although it never came to fruition, Ericka and I were hoping to do a 10K together with shirts that said: "Diabetes and stroke run in the family... but they won't catch us!")

Mear's about to run this crazy race for the 4th time.

Hooray for physical activity!
~ Michele (your cousin)