In the recovery world, we constantly make reference to "substituting one for another". In active addiction, this phenomenon can be best illustrated by those who decide to "just drink a little for a while" or "put down the crack rocks and just smoke a little weed". However, in recovery, we wear our addiction on our sleeve when we go crazy with men or food or credit cards or work.
In my case, my disease is currently manifesting itself in the form of Clinique. I must say that I have had far less expensive and more manageable manifestations of my disease in the past i.e. drug store lip gloss, bean dip, etc... but this one has the potential to break me financially. I am about to embark on a journey to Yonkers to buy a new eye shadow and perfume. Two things that I do not need. Everything inside of me is screaming to the contrary, however, and if I had any sense, I would call my sponsor.
Just for today, I will act out on my disease, just a little, and look really fabulous because of it.
2 comments:
I wondered why you were looking extra fantabulous delicious! Fortunatley I've been able to reign in my own addiction with Jelly Bellys and cigs. Isn't that healthy?!
This is a very nice blog by the way. How long did you intend to hide it from me? Hmmmm?
XOXO,
-Todd
Dammit! I thought it was still hidden! I have just started to figure out my "blog identity" so-to-speak!
XOXO
Lizzie
Post a Comment