Monday, April 10, 2006

The Art of Assumption

What is it about us addicts that we have to live in our heads all the time. We are told never to go up there without proper adult supervision, yet we do it anyway. And we don't do anything but get into trouble up there. I made a stupid assumption this weekend, and made a fool out of myself as a result. A therapist once told me that to assume anything is to make an ass out of u and me. Boy...you can say that again. What an asshole I am. The problem is that for an addict who is still trying to conquer her control freak issues, I feel the need to be in the know about everything. If there is something that is beyond my perception, then it makes me feel out of control. I hate to feel out of control. A lesson learned. Chalk it up to life experience.

just for today...I will work on jumping to silly conclusions, for my own mental health and well being.

1 comment:

Randy G. said...

You know what, sis? You are far from an asshole. See, I knew you were observant.... knowledge always helps when leaping to conclusions. Of course I make an ass of myself all the time, but never of you. It is a good lesson to learn, isn't it? Problem is....I seem to need repeat lessons on a regular basis! dammit.