Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It's just me...

I would just like to announce to the world that in exactly three pounds, I will be down 100 pounds!!!!!!!

I can hardly believe it.

My friends, I cannot express to you what it is like to feel healthy, light on my feet, happy, sexy and confident for the first time in....well, possibly forever. I feel like me.

This has not been an easy road, by any means...but a road well worth the travel. Many people ask me...would you do it again? Hell yes I would. In a friggin' heartbeat.

I don't think that people fully grasp what it is like to be extremely heavy. There is the physical pain and discomfort, yes. The health problems, some humiliating. But for me it was the things that couldn't necessarily be touched that were killing me; the way a stranger would look at me, the way I would have to ask for a different chair when I went out to eat with my friends because I no longer fit into the regular ones, the way I was incapable of looking anyone in the eye because of the shame over my "condition", the way I knew society as a whole viewed me, and most of all, the way I felt more alone than ever before in my life. I truly, like I did in my drug addiction, believed down to the bottom of my soul that nobody understood what I was going through.

I wish that I had found www.obesityhelp.com years ago. It is such a tremendous support group and wealth of information for those who struggle with obesity. It has been a similar force in my life to NA.

Anyway, just felt a little like shouting out from the mountain tops today.

God is good. He really is.

4 comments:

Randy G. said...

i'm proud of ya, sis!!

Anonymous said...

What discipline, determination, wow what an accomplishment. These healthy highs are great aren't they?

Anonymous said...

What discipline, determination, wow what an accomplishment. These healthy highs are great aren't they?

Anonymous said...

Hi lizzie I am so proud of you. It's like I walked hand in hand with you the whole way, oh wait I did. I am glad that you have yourself back. Physical Health is the first thing that the first step adresses and it is also first when ever the basic text talks about the different aspects of addiction. I am glad that you are feeling some recovery in that area