Monday, February 06, 2006

The end of all things?

Breathing.....
Centering......

Image hosting by Photobucket

I just got off the phone with my Program Director. The news was not good.

See, I work for The Man. I work for The Man in the field of ecology as a part of a statewide exotic insect suppression program. A cooperative effort between the federal, state, county and local governments.

The feds don't want to cooperate anymore. GW has been kind enough to cut over half of our funding. I just might be out of a job. Ouch.

Shockingly, I am not losing my mind. I must admit that I do have a pit in my tummy, but I have to say that I am suprisingly serene.

I guess all of this "footwork" that I have been doing over the years in recovery is paying off. Life on life's terms is hitting me hard and I am responding with spiritual principles! Wow. This shit really works.

Just for today....

I find that I am powerless over this situation and I accept that. I have faith that I will respond humbly and to the best of my ability and make a wholehearted effort to find alternate funding using humility and the professional skills that I have acquired over time. I believe that as long as I keep doing the next right thing, things will work out as they are meant to and I trust that I will be OK, regardless of the outcome. I surrender myself to the will of my higher power, and will remain teachable to what this situation has to offer me.

I have gratitude for spiritual principles and the tools of recovery that are keeping me from completely losing my sanity in this present moment.

Also, I will accept that because we have a monkey for a president, it is more important that we have lots of big dicks, I mean missiles, in order to exacerbate terrorism, I mean eradicate terrorism and secure the oil empires of certain families, I mean freedom of the world, than to be ecologically, and for that matter, fiscally responsible here at home.


And remember, kids, "resentments rot the container they're in."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, good thing YOU added that last part, or I was gonna....lol