Sunday, March 19, 2006

Reality


The reality of my situation is beginning to sink in. This is not necessarily a bad thing. I am reaching a point of acceptance, for now. I know that I am not alone.

I feel a purr of sadness and a little pinch of fear, but part of me is getting excited about my new little apartment. From what I understand, it is in an end unit, facing the woods and the stream and kitty corner from the 40+ acre field where I can walk my dog. I already have a bedding set picked out, and Kevin is letting me take my loveseat and ottoman that I love so much. I will trade in my piece of shit laptop that I hate for a desktop computer.

We are going to share custody of the animals. I will be taking two of the cats and he will be keeping two. The dog will come with me as he is not home near enough to take care of her. But he will have her on the weekends occasionally. My new fishtank will have to be dismantled and moved, and hopefully my fish will survive the transition.

I am staying in close contact with my sisters in recovery, and trying to stay out of my head as much as possible. There's no going back now. This is what we are doing, whether I like it or not. I am clinging to the fact that, for now, we are calling this a temporary split...probably because to call it anything else would be too terrifying.

2 comments:

Randy G. said...

Lizzie, your strength will see you through...that and your friends of course. There really ARE rainbows, you know!

Anonymous said...

I'll be you cheering section too. I'll start now. RAH RAH! Lizzie! RAH RAH Lizzie! Was that good??? :)