They say this is a program of progress, not perfection. So I am not supposed to beat myself up when I backslide into a tornado of my old behavior. Hmmph.
Today, I misinterpreted what somebody said to me (via email) and proceeded to bitch-slap this person (via email) in a terribly sharp and not-nice manner. Not only that, but I stewed about it for about an hour and a half. I thought I was farther along than this. I have, in my past, had a pattern of always assuming the worst and blowing up on people left and right. But that behavior was just that...in the past. Today has been an off day, i.e. up in my head about the whole job thing, feeling under par physically and I took it out on an innocent stranger. That's not OK. I made amends, but I am still disturbed by my wreckless behavior. It is amazing how quickly we can revert back to our old ways when we are not feeling spiritually fit.
Also, I am planning on returning my new jeans in a couple of weeks because I am shrinking so fast that they are already loose on me. Is that wrong?
Just for today... In true addict form, I will practice these principles in most of my affairs, provided that I don't need to return jeans that I have already worn for a smaller size.
1 comment:
Just for Today, I will allow you to return your jeans. And the almight Oz has spoken.
Post a Comment