So, I am in my fabulous suite at the Radisson Hotel in KZoo, MI for the area's Narcotics Anonymous Convention and earlier this evening I found myself in an honesty dilemma...
Do I tell my fiance' that I have been sneaking cigarettes behind his back and face the wrath or do I go ahead and just practice the spiritual principal of "what he doesn't know won't hurt him"? Well, the speakers at this silly convention have thought it best to smack me in the face with that whole, "practice these principles in ALL of my affairs" bullshit, which, as the phrase might indicate, extends to my love affairs as well. Hmmmmph. How rude. They need to work their own programs.
Of course, none of this was directed at me personally, per say, as the rooms were full of anywhere between 20 and 75 OTHER recovering addicts, but still. The nerve of some people.
So I blurted out the brutal truth and now he isn't speaking to me. Oh well. He'll get over it. And I should quit smoking altogether because if I have proven one thing in my life it is that I can use NOTHING in moderation (even lip gloss). But the good news is that I feel purged of my dishonesty and am therefore going to bed a better person as a result of it. Even if I do stink like smoke.
Just for today.....
I will practice rigorous honesty in ALL of my affairs, even though other people can be unwilling to accept me in all of my glorious disease manifestations because some of them make me smell bad.
3 comments:
¡Mi Dios! He didn't know?! How did you explain the smell? Oh wait. I get it. I bet you blamed it on all of us! You're a krafty one...
Didn't you ever see that "Sex and the City" episode?
....spiritual principle of "what he doesn't know won't hurt him"??? hmmm...I think I need to go find that one in one of my books... *flip flip*, nope, not seein' it..
Post a Comment